Unity Walk was a 2 mile hike from Washington Square Park to St Peter’s Catholic Church to for reflection on the events of 9/11 and to call for religious freedom.
9/11 Unity Walk NYC began at 3PM at Washington Square Park under Arch. Words of Welcome were provided by by Rev. Robert Chase of Intersections International and Rev. Bud Heckman of Religions for Peace USA. Opening reflections was provided by Rev. Robert Chase of Intersections International
9/11 Unity Walk was a two hour event with three stops along the way and culminated with a final closing Interfaith ceremony at St Peter’s Catholic Church.
- Judson Memorial Church for first reflection.
- Hindu Broome St. Temple where United Sikhs offered their reflections.
- Synagogue for the Arts where Rabbi Johnathan Glass will offer reflections.
Closing prayer service ceremony was hosted by Fr. Joe Tyrrell of Saint Peter’s Catholic Church..Speakers are listed below.
- Imman Feisal Abdul Rauf, Cordoba Initiative
- Ms. Joyce Dubensky, Tanenbaum Center of Interreligious Understanding
- Mr. Home Gandi, Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America
- Rev. T. K. Nakagaki, Buddhist Council of New York
Unity Walk’s Sponsors
- United Sikhs
- Broome St Temple
- Union Interfaith Caucus: Union Theological Seminary
- RFPUSA Intern Mary Elizabeth Ingram
Edited Photos from 2012 9/11 Unity Walk NYC[nggallery id=1]
2012 Unity Walk NYC Photos by Anthony E. Alvarez is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available [jamiesocial]